Emergency Services Program
Making the World a Better Place For All of Us
The Emergency Services Program provides limited financial assistance once per year to alleviate emergency crisis situations. Services are available based on funding. Persons seeking assistance should call their service area office to set up an appointment.
- POC is unable to assist with Deposits
South St. Petersburg – 727-822-4492
North St. Petersburg – 727-894-5176
Pinellas Park – 727-202-6803
Clearwater/Tarpon Springs – 727-937-9393
Administration – 727-823-4101 ext. 110
Apply for Emergency Services Online
Scanned Documents Required
In order to complete your application and receive services, the following scanned documentation is required. Documents can be scanned using a desk scanner, or by taking clear pictures of the documents with a phone or tablet.
If your application is incomplete due to missing one of the following scanned documents, you will be denied service.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SIGNED.
PLEASE INCLUDE COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Picture ID for everyone age 18 and over (Driver’ s License, Non-Driver ID issued by the State, Passport etc.)
- Proof of ID for everyone under the age of 18 (Birth Certiﬁcates, School ID, Passport, SNAP letter with parent and child names listed, school record showing name of child and parent, etc.)
- Proof of Address IF Head of Households picture ID does not show the same address as bill being paid (Any mail/bills with name and current address listed on it)
- Social Security Cards for ALL household members
- Proof of any current year’s income earned for all household members 18 years and older, such as:
a. Checks stubs: 2 stubs if paid weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. Do not submit W2 Tax forms.
b. Current year’s Award Letter(s) (Social Security, SSD, VA, TANF, SSI, etc.)
c. Pension Statements
d. Receipt Book if paid in cash
e. Child Support Statement
f. Unemployment Income Statement
- Current utility bill (front) and any disconnection notice for: Electric, Gas, or Water (POC can only assist with one)
- If seeking rent or mortgage assistance, scan copy of mortgage statement or rental agreement.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT APPLYING FOR EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE DOES NOT GUARANTEE SERVICE.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE.
COMMUNIITY SERVCIES BLOCK GRANT (CSBG)
200% OF THE POVERTY INCOME GUIDELINES*
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2019
|Persons in Family/Household||200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines|
|Families with more than 8 persons||Add $8,960 for each additional person|
*The above figures are based on the 2019 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) poverty guidelines published in the Federal Register on January 18, 2019.